Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Why I love election night

I graduated from undergrad with two degrees - journalism and political science - and while everyone else is tearing their hair out and can't wait until this election is decided... I kind of wish it was always election season.

There's something exhilerating about a newsroom full of people milling about, no-nonsense, getting things done.  Sure, it can be stressful, but the payoff is huge.

So here is the shortest post I'll ever write.  I'm running a mile a minute, getting in scripts, updating social media and cramming our faces with delicious food.  But I just want to take a minute to enjoy this.  In the midst of the negative ads, crazy facebook and twitter posts, angry people and everything else... how wonderful it is to live in a country where we have this right to vote.  No matter who wins, I voted and I hope you did, too.

The damage... after our newsroom was let loose on our dinner goodies!  It was so delicious :) Plus, of course, election coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment